Monday, February 8, 2010

WHICH IS THE BEST COLOR FOR ME?

I always answer: the one that looks good on you...
After over 40 years in the design world I have learned a couple of things.
The rooms are yours. Don't pay too much attention to design fads but carefully select the colors that will reflect on your skin making your complexion look radiant, never dull.
Be specially wary with the colors you choose for your bedroom. You don't want to see naked skin with an unhealthy cerulean blue reflection or a purplish hue on your beautifully tanned legs that will remind us of the morgue scenes at Law & Order.

This incipient blog will bring clues on how to follow our motto inspired by the eternal Coco:

  “Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.”  Coco Chanel

I will be bringing concepts and examples on how to achieve a relaxed lifestyle which is ultimately what most of us are after and few know how to grasp.

7 comments:

  1. Coincido ampliamente con el concepto y estoy muy interesada en que me asesore. Agrego mi correo para empezar el contacto.
    Cordialmente. Gabriela.
    gmm@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delighted to see your blog!
    It is about time you got all of us tuned in and more knowledgeable about management of colors, etc.! I shall never think of painting my bedroom blue or lavender again!
    Question: Will brown walls make me look more tan? I don't want to look dirty.....just sun-kissed!
    See what you started???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posie dear,

    Brown walls are fantastic. First of all dark colors make the ilusion of walls receiding hence making the room look bigger...and then that chocolate color with set out your silky ivory skin...yummy...and if it reflects on you it will give an irresistible tan glow to that gorgeous complexion. You have to be careful to select carefully the color of man you bring to your bedroom...too close to the color of the wall and it will mimetize and dissapear...and we don't want that. Why don't you go for apricot? it will be better for your variety of male companions...all will look gorgeous and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apricot? I love apricot! Men are hard enough to come by, so let's not have them disappear into the walls! Heaven forbid! It would be an interesting concept for a film however, expaneded by some warped mind!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felix, my friend, I do have a question.
    What about victorian decor? Should the accents of black, so commonly used, be played up or down?
    About the apricot. Ivory lace curtains or a subtle print with touches of apricot in it?
    Mirror, mirror on the wall, tell me, tell me, do......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Victorian Lacey Posie,

    I know you would like to be wrapped in velvet(like George in Seinfeld, remember?)
    and crowned wearing a lace cape with a train...but no! no more excess...you are going to be a brand new woman soon...so go for something younger.
    Black accents? I would just leave a nice Chanel black patent leather pumps cleverly displayed in a prominent area of the bedroom and limit myself to lot of embroidered white linens on the bed. As per window sheer I would use linen voile that moves so graciously with the evening breeze and probably a very feminine pair of side panels in a polished cotton with a wonderful floral pattern in shades of appricot and sage green.
    I have to rest now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect! I just know I can always count on you! The way you describe it, I can see it clearly! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete